Purchasing hearing aids are an investment and will require some amount of maintenance to ensure that you are able to get the best value. While certain maintenance can be performed only by the manufacturer, there are certain other things that the owner of the hearing aids can do to ensure that they are functioning properly. Here are some cleaning and maintenance tips to help you out –
- You should clean your hearing aids every morning. This is important if you want to avoid wax from clogging the important parts of the hearing aid. You can easily use tissues to clean the aids properly.
- When going for a swim or interacting with water, you should remove your hearings aids and keep it in the storage case. Avoid placing it in the heat and keep it in a cool place.
- When you are about to go off to sleep, keep the hearing aid battery door open to let air pass through the device.
- Always adhere to a routine to avoid unnecessary accidents like forgetting to open it when taking a bath.
- Always store the hearing aids in a safe manner when you are not using it. They should be kept away from children and pets.
- It is best not to use hair care products or hairsprays when you are wearing the hearing aids as they can damage the product.
- Do not wait for long to replace the dead batteries. They should be replaced with newer ones as soon as they die.
By taking care of few things, you can ensure that your best hearing aids work great whenever you use it and will last much longer than what its warranty offers to you. Using the above tips will help you keep the hearing aids in optimal condition.